Monday, June 13, 2011

WTF? What's The Fashion? Polka Dots w/ Floral Prints

Polka dots are a traditional fabric pattern and are returning with another popular print for spring and summer. What makes these prints such fashion favorite is that both of them are timeless and will draw attention to all the right places. Designers took a shot with these dots on the runway where they were prominent in dresses and skirts as well as scarves, handbags, even shoes. Along with many others, Moschino's 2011 spring collection, played with prints mixing polka dots with flowers, stripes and gingham checkers while adding in splashes of color. But what is great about this trend, even though daring is that it's absolutely wearable. The trick for this trend is to balance your floral printed top or bottom with a black and white polka dotted partner. Keep your accessories neutral. If your prints are in natural tones pop in one of your favorite vibrant colors and accentuate it minimially with your outfit like in a wide bangle bracelet or a skinny belt. But remember, one is all you'll need. Fashion is fearless. Take some time to model it in the dressing room or create combos in your full-length mirror that's in your closet. Mix it up this summer. Go have fun and play with your prints!

Celebs Seen on the Scene In the Mix with Prints!

Selita Ebanks, Kelly Osbourne, Sara Shahi

Sarah Shahi, Kelly Osbourne and Selita Ebanks


4 comments:

  1. Totally in love with this trend!!

    I always say this (and I really mean it), but I also want to thank you for your lovely comment on my blog and for stopping by in general, I really appreciate it! I'm so sorry for being so lack (I'm very busy actually), but I'm going to follow you right away!

    I'd love to hear from you again!


    Love,

    Rock 'n Style
    http://www.rocknstyleblog.blogspot.com
    http://twitter.com/RocknStyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the e-mail! Now following on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love it! I like the way that Kelly and Selita paired the floral and polka dot prints together! :)

    Ashley "Fat & Curly"

    fatandcurlyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly that I had on my mind lately- experimenting with the prints... And now my dear u gave me one more reason to do it!:))) Great post!!!!!
    kisses
    p.s. Follow u on bloglovin as well now...:)
    Jelena
    http://glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

State your Satisfashions! P.S. I ALWAYS follow back those who follow me, so until then . . . Stay FABulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...