Tuesday, July 5, 2011

WTF? What's The Fashion? Wooden Mary Janes

Mary Janes are traditionally flat shoes with a cross-foot strap but they infamously known as the sexy school-girl pump that comes in patent and smooth leathers. Over the years, this style has been expanded to platform soles and embellishments. Now maximized with wooden platforms, it gives this traditionally sweet chic shoe more of a bohemian touch, making this a "sole-ful" alternative to the espadrille for your summer footwear. With the added height given by this wooden clog and with a pair of shorts or a romper, your legs will look like they will go on for miles. But don't go too far off track. Balance these mary janes with dolman or flutter-sleeved styles that are loose and flowy.


Celebs Seen on the Scene Well-Heeled in Wooden MJs!

Rachel Bilson, Stella McCartney, Solange Knowles


Rachel Bilson (Stella McCartney), Stella McCartney (Stella McCartney) and Solange Knowles (Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony)


10 comments:

  1. solanges style looks so fun!
    xo
    MosaMuse

    MosaMuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, yes!!! Love these!! I've been looking for the perfect pair! I wanna rock them with knee socks and a high waisted skirt. ;) Great post, love! Hope you had an awesome holiday weekend!
    Mwa!

    moonstruck exposé

    x. juliana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for commenting on my blog! Nice blog! I realized what you meant by saying "Hope to see you on the Style~Spotlight." For some reason I thought that must have been a section in your blog that your covered! Yet, the Style~Spotlight is your blog! haha

    Anyway, I love this new trend! So chic! Also, I have a Polyvore too! We should be each others' contacts!

    beautyandfashionmashup.blogspot.com
    -The BF Mashup

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Solange's look :)

    You have a nice blog! Would you mind following mine? Comment on one of my posts to let me know that you followed, and I'll follow you back 100%

    nialangleyspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey my doll!!! I was never so big fan of Mary J.'s (there were so examples I really liked) but these ones I would wear for sure!!!I love Stella's and I love also Solange's wedges, they're awesome for the summer, day to night! Have a fabulous day no matter what u do!!;) Many many kisses!!
    Jelena

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love wearing mary janes!! I need to get me a pair of wedge ones! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love wooden heeled shoes but I don't Mary jane's :) anyway, i love your posts and because of that i am following you now, hope you follow me too. that would be much appreciated :)
    keep in touch! thank you so much :)

    http://lovelybulatao.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Mary-Jane's Period!! Nice post!

    Judith
    http://www.estilomode.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think the black ones that Solange is wearing look really hot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love wooden heel shoes, they're just perfect for summer

    ReplyDelete

State your Satisfashions! P.S. I ALWAYS follow back those who follow me, so until then . . . Stay FABulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...