Monday, October 24, 2011

WTF? What's The Fashion? Caped Dresses

There is no need to suffer from the cold to keep from sacrificing style while wearing a caped dress. While this dramatically draped ensemble maybe an avant garde look to some and an oddity to many, this style is actually quite perfect for the chillier days ahead when you are attending those events that call for a little something extraordinary. Yes, it is understood that Halloween is right around the corner, but a quaint and simple look in basic black will allow you to play with your accessories while not trying to have you look like your favorite childhood super hero. For a trendy and edgy take on such a dramatic looking trend, opt for hot-hued colors or keep it chic and sophisticated with softer neutral tones with color-blocking details. I'm not expecting you to walk out onto the streets resembling SJP, but as you can clearly see, caped dresses can be absolutely elegant and are practically perfect for a special occasion. This look should definitely be experimented with if you are looking for a new trend to try when you want to rock your frock!

Celebs Seen on the Scene in Cascading Elegance!

Sarah Jessica Parker, Katy Perry, Hailee Steinfeld, Kendall Jenner

Sarah Jessica Parker (Giambattista Valli), Katy Perry (Giambattista Valli), Hailee Steinfeld (Maje) and Kendall Jenner (Richard Nicoll)

9 comments:

  1. That blog so ideal! now you're going to see a lot around here ...
    I invite you to walk through the mine and to follow me if you like mine!

    a kiss, Claire.
    c.o.c.o.
    http://lookingforthestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That´s a cute look, so demure and understated! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Sarah Jessica Parker has went a bit too expressive with this outfit, the cape theme works well in other three examples, but she kinda looks like Red Riding Hood :P

    Btw, I´m following you now both on blogger and twitter and I hope you´ll follow me back ;)

    looking forward to your next posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the caped look! Maybe not to the SJP extent lol (love her but idk about the look)but definitely on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is such an elegant trend. I don't know that I could pull it off though!

    http://the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool post!Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!

    Giveaway on my blog!
    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  7. YESSSSSS. I LOVE CAPES SO MUCH. They are so freaking awesome. I'm on the hunt for one for fall! I saw an incredible one... but twas 110$. SIIIGH.

    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

State your Satisfashions! P.S. I ALWAYS follow back those who follow me, so until then . . . Stay FABulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...