Thursday, December 22, 2011

WTF? What's The Fashion? Peplum Tops

Fashion has taken a flashback from the 1940s. Fused with today is a fitted blouse with a ruffled, a-line waist known as the peplum top. This feminine, fanned out silhouette adds flare and flounce while hiding those unforgiving midsection areas. Similar to the peplum dress, the peplum top is more popular and more versatile since it is capable of being worn with a multitude of bottoms that are straight, narrow and or fitted (avoid wide-leg and flare pants). This ladylike look can be given more definition with a belt added to it and some retro charm can be accentuated with demure dark pieces in blacks and charcoals for a mod ensemble that fuses with Chanel.

Celebs Seen on the Scene Pump Up their Looks in Peplum Tops!

Blake Lively, Emma Watson, Jamie King


 Blake Lively (Chanel), Emma Watson (Jason Wu) and Jamie King (Alice+Olivia) 

15 comments:

  1. I love Blake Lively's outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a feminine look. I love how flattering it is!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute...on big hips though, not so cute lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love peplum tops! All three options are nice.Thanks for stopping by, and of course I would love to follow each other. I am following you now through GFC. Follow back if you like. Love your blog, and I will def check back.

    Lynn
    CARMEN VOGUE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Blake Lively, but I think Emma Watson did it the best! I also really like Jamie King's look! Gorgeous!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving this trend, can't wait for it to hit SA.
    Wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas!
    May you have a blessed one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this trend!

    http://styleservings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually love this look!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  9. They all look fantastic! I am especially loving Blake's style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is one of those things that i really didn't like when i first saw them. but now i'm all over it! Emma looks wonderful.

    Happy Holidays! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a big fan of the silhouette, I think it's something retro-inspired yet very modern at the same time. Love your selection!

    Happy Holidays love!

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. love it but idk if i can pull off the look

    ReplyDelete
  13. They all look good, but Blake's look caught my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I sware I think you look at magazines and go to fashion shows all day LOL. Girl you know everything about Fashion!

    ReplyDelete

State your Satisfashions! P.S. I ALWAYS follow back those who follow me, so until then . . . Stay FABulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...