Friday, December 9, 2011

WTF? What's The Fashion? Thigh-High Slits

Classy or trashy? What are your thoughts about dresses and skirts with thigh-high slits? Should celebrities and models dare to go bare or should they never go there? Take sophistication to borderline sexy in a gown with an extremely high-slit but by keeping the top simple proves to be a little more tasteful. But beware, a thigh-slit is not for the faint at heart. If you plan to up the anty in sex appeal with a floor-length gown, then this slit has nowhere to go but up. It's best to pay attention to where the slit is located on your body. I personally feel very uncomfortable wearing gowns with slits in the front that show between my thighs. Not only because I have thicker thighs and it may not be that appealing to see coming at you but I will always have that fear of my goodies making a premature debut, Britney Spears style. Keep the accessories toned down and the other body parts covered up or conservative to don the look of a starlet and not a streetwalker.


Celebs Seen on the Scene Going Sky-High with Thigh-Highs!

Kristen Stewart, Jennifer Lopez, Nikki Green, Irina Shayk, Grace Potter, Emma Stone


Emma Stone (Lanvin), Kristen Stewart (J. Mendel), Grace Potter (Alexander McQueen), Jennifer Lopez (Atelier Versace), Nikki Reed (Michael Kors) and  Irina Shayk (Replay)




25 comments:

  1. I am totally a fan of thigh-high slits. I think they make legs look amazing.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it can be classy when the dress is right, or it can be trashy if the dress itself isn't sophisticated. It is so important with this trend to get it right!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look classy, but usually it can be very trashy.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's the way you pose in the thigh-high slit gown that differentiates classy from trashy. Emma looks demure, while Kristen & JLo are really putting it out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice blog :)
    http://highlights-in-my-life.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. If done moderately it can look very classy and chic otherwise it can be completely wrong and trashy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sexy, don't you agree?

    Also, I want to thank you for your lovely comment on my blog every tim! I love reading every single one and you make my day just by stopping by!

    Love,


    Rock 'n Style
    http://www.rocknstyleblog.blogspot.com
    http://twitter.com/RocknStyle

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh thank you! I will follow you too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sexy but so hard to wear without being trashy! hahahaha i ave a thigh high slit and i feel sexy everytime i wear them but i have to remember to walk slower... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think a high slit can be really flattering-but you definitely have to watch what exactly you are showing the world. No one wants to see someone's wonderland at an awards show!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am following you now via bloglovin.
    I look forward to reading your future posts :)
    STYLE DECORUM

    ReplyDelete
  12. It depends who is wearing this type of dress!;) On somebody looks trashy, on somebody classy! For example all those girls are so glamorous and seductive!! Happy Monday hun, my mail is on the road!;) Btw I follow u now on bloglovin!!!!
    p.s. Check out my new post about TeenyB bikinis, u can win $50 e-gift certificate!
    kisses
    Jelena (glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The dresses are beautiful but the slits are too high for my taste... Great post! Now following you! :)

    www.DressCodebyleslie.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The dresses are beautiful but the slits are too high for my taste... Great post! Now following you! :)

    www.DressCodebyleslie.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. i'm all for a thigh-high slit as long as the slit isn't too revealing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I personally like a nice thigh high slit. It's interesting and different and can be worn really classy. Of course it can go the other spectrum as well but you just gotta know how to wear stuff like that and where too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Don't get me to lose my religion LOL.
    I think thigh high slits can be sexy depending on when they are worn. Obviously, you don't want a thigh high slit at church LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it if you can pull it off and have gorgeous legs...GO FOR IT! Is sexy and yet sophisticated.


    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sexy!! I think i could do this only for an ultra glamourous even with an amazing ball gown... otherwise, it runs the risk of being too rique for me..

    ReplyDelete
  20. If you have sexy legs, you can totally pull of this trend!
    You have a fab blog! Following now

    xoxo, H
    http://givemeglamourplease.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. These ladies look gorgeous, I wish I can look half as good in those gowns ;)

    ReplyDelete

State your Satisfashions! P.S. I ALWAYS follow back those who follow me, so until then . . . Stay FABulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...