Friday, January 13, 2012

A Chapter from the Cosmetic Chronicles

Hairstyle Edition~ Braided Buns

Braids are absolutely the quintessential hairstyle for the summertime, but lately celebrities have been twisting and twirling their way to a braided bun hairstyle. Even though this style is more acceptable during the warmer days, this hairdo can be styled to be more winter-friendly. Place your plaited bun at the top of your head in a topknot like Gwen Stefani and Kim Kardashian. Or for a more demure yet equally chic look, mimic Elle Fanning's updo. This hairdo can give a dramatic, messy or young look created to fit any mood or ocassion that you are going for. For those attempting to pull together this braided beauty, the focus will be on your face so play it up with a bright and bold lip and door-knocker earrings to finish off this babydoll persona.


Kim Kardashian, Gwen Steafani, Elle Fanning


Gwen Stefani, Elle Fanning and Kim Kardashian

23 comments:

  1. I love that look, I'm definitely going to be trying it out with my hair! Lovely blog, I'm now following :)

    xo Gillie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love braids in any kind of way :)

    http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous!
    Kim's is especially fabulous!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is something I must to learn to make, it's simply glam & fab!!!!
    Hope u're doing well darling while enjoying in your fab weekend!!!
    kisses

    Jelena
    glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great post dear! Love it ^^ Mind to follow each other? :)

    Cheers,
    Karina Dinda R. ♥
    BLOG | TWITTER | SHOP

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how fun and casual Gwen Stefani makes this look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Gwen's bun, so cute. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is the perfect alternative to the messy bun that i like to have. a much better alternative in fact. oh, and by the way, I'm following your blog!! will definitely be a regular visitor =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Gwen's look! This is such a great hair idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these looks! Too bad my hair is too short to do any fancy braids!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you for the lovely comment on my blog x

    come back again soon!

    http://artichoke--heart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Braided buns are definitely chic and classic!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chanel, This is such a great post because I've worn my hair in braids for so long but this is a trend that makes it really pretty for going out and I like how it's twisted into a bun. Kim looks so glamorous.

    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.net/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have always believed that braids can be elegant or a great alternative for a casual weeekend. My favorite here has to be Kim's. :)

    http://onestyleatatime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this!! My hair does not, though. I can NEVER get a chic bun to look right, braids or not. I think, although my hair is long, it's thin :( so all i get is a little boring bun lol *sigh* looks amazing on them though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I looooove a good ol' braided bun, it's such a classic :)))

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a great look! Unfortunately I can't do it with my hair..

    http://styleservings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the braided bun a little messy like Gwen's!

    ReplyDelete

State your Satisfashions! P.S. I ALWAYS follow back those who follow me, so until then . . . Stay FABulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...