Thursday, January 19, 2012

WTF? What's The Fashion? Multi-Striped Dresses

Many spring collections seen on the runways from Chanel to Thakoon, had stripes stretching as far as the eye could see. But they added a new twist to the traditional stripe. Now, I do not have to reiterate to you that most of us think that horizontal stripes are our enemy but in essence, horizontal and vertical lines can elongate that troublesome midsection while simultaneously enhancing your blessings up top. With this ordinary pattern it can easily be transitioned into each season and into each occasion. To add a bit of maturity to this pattern, go for more muted hues in creams, grays and blacks. For a look that is a bit more cazh, an oversized tee worn over a fitted mini or boot cut jeans can do just the trick. However, a multi-striped dress that is fitted in the waist with foiled detailing or draping effects can allow for you to take this trend from working late to a dinner date.


Celebs Seen on the Scene Strutting in Multi-Stripes!

Sarah Jessica Parker, Kendra Wilkinson, Blake Lively

Kendra Wilkinson, Sarah Jessica Parker and Blake Lively

12 comments:

  1. I have noticed stripes & nautical styles everywhere. Very stong trend once again without a doubt! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I have a dress similar to the first photo and it is so pretty!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love adore stripes, and I like fresh twist u mentioned hun! Those here are so chic and elegant! Sarah's dress is so beautiful!
    Have a wonderful day!!!! kisses
    xoxo

    Jelena
    glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt dizzy, haha. Not my style but I guess Blake wore it better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like stripes to a degree. Horizontals make you look bigger than you are.

    Oh and i'm down 5.2 pounds so far on WW woo hoo maybe I'll wear horizontals some day lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it on Blake... not on the others though..

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice on Blake. I like the Asos picks in your previous post too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always on the fence about multi-stripe prints.

    ReplyDelete

State your Satisfashions! P.S. I ALWAYS follow back those who follow me, so until then . . . Stay FABulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...