Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The "F" Word! Fur Collars, Full Length Gloves & Florals in Dark Colours

My Wonderful Fabunistas!!! Thank you so much for your support and wishes, they have truly meant a lot to me. I have finally arrived in Chicago! I've temporarily moved into my first apartment on the North side, settled in my new job as Marketing and Brand Manager for Express on the Magnificent Mile and am about to begin volunteering for some of the fashion industries of the downtown metropolitan area. After FINALLY getting my Internet connection set up, I am slowly but surely as you can obviously tell, getting back to my networking. I have some posts that I'm behind on and I already have meetings with designers and musicians for Bougie Magazine's "Spring Exposed" issue to schedule. So with that being said, expect a post almost every day from me for a little while and a lot of tweets coming at you for the love of my readers and for the desire to keep you all updated with the latest trends and the styles spotlighted throughout the fashion scene.

As promised, a few of the top trends spotlighted at New York Fashion Week on today's, The "F" Word!

NYFW Has Us Cuddling Up with Fur Collars Yet Again!

Fur, Fashion Week

 An oldie but goodie has made a comeback and there are so many that are glad that it did. Just within the first couple of days of New York Fashion Week, the favorite trend of the fur collars has come back to us fresh off the runway thanks to designers like BCBGMAXAZRIA, JSong. . .Way, Juan Carlos Obando and Corey Lynn Calter. Transfer your winter wardrobe or keep your shoulders nice and snuggled away with a plush faux-fur colored-collar draped over your black or camel coat for a fashion update or a strapless evening gown for added drama that's winter appropriate. 

http://www.mystyle.com/mystyle/b8710_fur_collars_add_luxurious_element.html
  

Models Up to Their Elbows in Style at NYFW!

Leather gloves NYFW trend

Remember those days of Audrey Hepburn and Breakfast at Tiffany's? The glamorous women of times long ago at tinsel town graced the movie screen with their infamous style consisting of a long-stemmed cigarette and elbow-sleeved gloves. This ladylike accessory of yesteryear is a relic that deserves to be relished. Models that have taken their turn on the catwalk have displayed the traditional and more modern ways to wear the fully-lengthen glove. Runway shows of Yigal Azrouel and Helios & Luna gave their show highlighting these gloves that can be worn with dresses and outerwear in full-length or with 3/4 sleeves. However, the way Diane Von Furstenberg has styled her model with the wide gaps of exposed skin between the sleeveless top and the glove gives us mixed feelings from the confusion of the seasons.

http://www.mystyle.com/mystyle/b8749_nyfw_trend_arm_yourself_with_leather.html

  
Dark Florals are in Full Bloom this NYFW!

Dark Florals, NY Fashion Week
It has been noticed during the coverage of New York Fashion Week that floral prints are coming in in dark colors. I've been contemplating the mix of the springtime patterns with autumn's deep berry hues but quickly realized that they are perfect to wear during these last colder months that don't seem to be going away. But switch out your pumps for a pair of sandals and your wishful thinking for spring can surely arrive. Richard Chai has made this trend office-appropriate by transitioning the floral print from the always-anticipated frock into a blazer. Although, the floriated prints in a rich purple shade received very flattering reviews from the runway by Honor. My favorite look has to be the ultra femme take on the trend rocked by Jill Stuart who has styled the dark flowered frock with a pair of  knee-high, platformed, black leather boots.  

16 comments:

  1. That is so fantastic! Also, definitely loving the dark florals!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting settled into your new place and that's so cool that you work at Express. So excited to see these trends. I'm a total fan of the faux fur and the up to elbow gloves are so cool. I will definitely get some by the fall. :)

    xoDale

    ReplyDelete
  3. All fab styles. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks, loving the dark florals especially! xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your new job! it looks great! alos i love this the fur collar, its beautiful! kisses dear :)
    christelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you hunni! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously digging the dark florals - gorg! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love fur collars. I really do. They just seem to swallow my neck whole, so I can't wear them very easily. And that sucks.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm loving the longer lengths

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. i loveeee fur! THough, the real stuff sometimes creeps me out... only if i really think about it lol. But, I found a store that had fur fox tails (a la Marc Jacobs) to hang on your purse or wherever and I swear you could feel the bone, cartilage or whatever down the middle of it when you held it and it was so eerie :( LOL!!!! If i don't know, maybe it's okay with me, but knowing =/ maybe i'll stick to faux!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh NYFW was amazing! I love a lot of collections!

    http://gorgeouslookolga.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore this fur collar trend because they look cute but I´m certain I can´t wear this trend. I sweat a lot on warm weather and freeze on cold days. Fur collar on a sleeveless dress will cause me to sweat like a pie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. There isn't one trend about this post that I don't love. Congrats on your move and new job!

    ReplyDelete

State your Satisfashions! P.S. I ALWAYS follow back those who follow me, so until then . . . Stay FABulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...