Saturday, February 11, 2012

WTF? What's The Fashion? Short Suits for Spring

Look out fabulistas! Short suits are going to be all the rage this spring especially in the tweed fabric, meaning it's time to do some serious shopping! I can't quite put my finger on it because there are just too many reasons as to why the short suit is an extremely popular trend. This Chanel-inspired abbreviated version of the traditional suit is absolutely ideal for the uptown socialite. Not only does it offer a dramatic new look, but it can also give you a sudden shot of self-esteem. It gives off a sophisticated vibe with a little bit of sex appeal that of course is perfect for wearing out but not so much for around the office. I don't know, short suits seem to be a tad bit provocative and probably inappropriate to have as apart of a work wardrobe. However, depending on the length of the shorts, culture and dress code of the work place, a Bermuda short and matching blazer can possibly satisfy the take on the trend without raising any eyebrows or breaking any rules. Although, it's no question that this two-piece ensemble wouldn't be perfect to wear for a spectacular night out. Show off those stems and pump up the volume with a  tailored short suit that is in desperate need for some high heels. Since the shorts allow for more skin to show, make those legs climb even higher by giving them some foot work in your highest heels possible. Many may find flats a no-no with this look but I say go ahead and be "flat-out" fabulous if you so desire. I also recommend maximizing your short suit by investing in coordinating separates that look awesome together but can be worn alone or with other key pieces within your wardrobe.


Celebs Seen on the Scene as Uptown Socialites!

Pixie Lott, Brandy Norwood, Alison Brie



Pixie Lott (Pixie Lott for Lipsy), Brandy (Stella & Jamie) and Alison Brie (Topshop)





19 comments:

  1. I think these are really cute but I definitely agree with you that they're too provacotive for the office. hehe, Nice post and thanks for sharing the photos too, i'm excited about this trend. I want a white shorts suit. :)

    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving brandy's look

    http://www.sazistopsecret.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not my style but the girls on the pics look very good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the short suit trend! I remember seeing Brandy on the Wendy Williams show with this outfit on, and it looked fabulous on her long legs. I am currently in the gym getting my gams together so that I can try out this trend. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way this trend looks on Brandy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute trend, even better if u have killer legs!:) I love Brandy's look, sweet but still chic! Hope u're having great day darling!!! kisses & hugs

    Jelena
    glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. sexy legs! love this look :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love short! I always use in summer!

    http://thestyleattitude.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all these shorts! I always have a hard time finding shorts that are flattering on me .

    xo Gillie

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the short suits!! legs are always so sexy!
    www.sugarfilledcloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love short suits. It's a fun way to bring some professionalism. Plus, I'm am always ready to show off my legs.


    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I could say I love this trend, but I just think it looks so weird. They use winter-y fabrics -- tweed, for example -- but don't provide full coverage! It just seems so impractical. xo style, she wrote

    ReplyDelete
  13. The short suits look amazing on them! I would wear tights with them to be less revealing but I love the sophistication they have!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Brandy's the most if I must choose:) lol N babe I think Im already following u...no??

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this look! Might have to add to my wardworbe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think this is a great alternative to the more formal dress suits, and I like it on all three starlets

    ReplyDelete

State your Satisfashions! P.S. I ALWAYS follow back those who follow me, so until then . . . Stay FABulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...