Tuesday, March 6, 2012

WTF? What's The Fashion? Luxe Lurex Looks

Luxurious looks ran rampant on the runway at New York Fashion Week and as a shiny alternative to sequins, lurex was the trend throughout many collections for fall. It's a little over-the-top to wear the exuberant fabric from head-to-toe but as a statement piece, I am all for it. To me, seeing these collections overwhelmed me with the thought of the Chirstmas holiday and if I was to ever try and rock this trend, which you all know I actually might do, I would find lurex to be a great option to wear for a nighttime soiree in the form of a cocktail dress or a mini skirt.



Supermodel Style in Radical Radiance!
 
 
Tibi Model, Marc Jacobs Model

Tibi, Marc by Marc Jacobs and Marc Jacobs

You will see below a few pieces from a preview from one of the fall runway collections, Marc Jacobs. At the Marc Jacobs Couture runway show, the designer went on the other end of the spectrum where he merged fashion with theater on a granduleur scale. He also incorporated with his fall collection, a sort of crazy, cartoony Victoriana style that was truly happy and spirit-lifting. With oversized fur hats and non-body-conscious shapes, this fifteen-minute parade was a thrill to watch as it took fashion and radically crossed it over into art.

12 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous show, it was a little over the top but that's okay with me!

    xo Gillie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, this material is perfect night companion! I loved MJ show, it was so dreamy and funny, very refreshing and different!! Hope u're doing well darling!!
    kisses & hugs

    Jelena
    glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know i really hate that runways models have no expressions on their face. why can't they smile?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i really wanted to be a fan of lurex, but i just can't. it's not for me, i don't think. maybe in a pant...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the royal colors; but I don't think this is a style for me. :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Just nothing skin tight though lol but something loose or structured like the coat is perfect <3 hautepinkpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's just weird. I mean, it looks fine on the runway, but it looks strange on the street.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  8. not sure I care too much for it. its soo shiny lol!

    www.sugarfilledcloset.com

    ReplyDelete

State your Satisfashions! P.S. I ALWAYS follow back those who follow me, so until then . . . Stay FABulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...