Sunday, March 11, 2012

WTF? What's The Fashion? Peplums

I'm Badge Collecting! Let me know in your comments of today's spotlighted style that your blog contains a badge and I will copy/paste it onto the Style~ Spotlighted page. Can't wait to collect and show off your badges! Stay FABulous!!

Fashion has taken a flashback from the 1940s a particular trend that has been shown on the runways from New York Fashion Week and they are not going anywhere. Here to stay is the fitted top with a ruffled, a-line waist to a blouse or dress known as peplum detailing. This feminine, fanned out silhouette mastered by big screen beauty, Blake Lively, adds flare and flounce while hiding those unforgiving midsection areas. Being seen everywhere, peplum dresses and peplum tops are more popular and more versatile since it is capable of being worn with a multitude of bottoms that are straight, narrow and/or fitted. This ladylike look can be given more definition and draw the eye to the standout detail of the outfit by adding a thin belt before the fabric flares out. Add some retro charm by accentuating the trend with rich gem hues like emerald, ruby and royal blue or with demure dark pieces in blacks and charcoals for a mod ensemble that fuses with Chanel.


Supermodel Style Shows Off the Peplums' Popularity! 

NYFW Peplum Secret

Peter SomTory Burch and Elizabeth & James

10 comments:

  1. I love Tory burch! Nonetheless love this trend
    Btw be sure to visit my new post....
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im skipping this for me, but think it is too cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. This trend brings such a feminine touch. If you're a bit curvy or blessed with ample hips perhaps not as flattering. Still I appreciate this old hollywood style on those that can pull it off. xoxo

    Maria

    http://onestyleatatime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need the Elizabeth & James! I saw a cute one at NY and Co.

    I have a button http://loomslidsandlayers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello darling, hope u're doing well!!!
    I love peplums, more and more as the time pass. It's completely feminine and ladylike trend, it accentuates beautiful women's body!!!
    Kisses and hugs!!

    Jelena
    glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this classic trend. look sophisticated and stylish at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've been searching this trend in the store.. but so far no luck =/

    thx for visiting my blog and left me a comment~!

    the STYLE Fringe BLOG
    http://the-stylefringe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

State your Satisfashions! P.S. I ALWAYS follow back those who follow me, so until then . . . Stay FABulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...